Thursday, June 30, 2011

...Hearing Loss

Today I found out I am lossing my hearing. I am young, younger than most, I cannot even rent a car, and yet I am losing my hearing! My grandmother is lossing her hearing, but she is almost 75! It all started with the sound of a teapot going off in my ear and the sound around me going in and out. Of course like most people my age I like my music LOUD! Not only do I like it loud but I like it to go directly into my ear. I have ear buds, not headphones, but ear buds. They fit firmly in my ear and cancel out all other noises around me. As a child I loss my hearing totally in my left ear and 75% in my right ear. They did some surgery and bing bang boom I could hear again. My mother would always warn me not to listen to music too loudly because she feared I would do deaf for real this time. Although I knew the danger of listening to music too loud my headphones or ear pieces would usually breakdown before my ears would even hurt. Now they are more advanced and they last a lot longer. Also I was hoping that medical science would come through and solve hearing loss. I mean they did give sight to a few blind people so saving an ear with more than a hearing aid seemed probable. Unfortunately this has not happened and I doubt it will by the time I do go deaf. Fortunately for me I still have a lot of my hearing and I just have to hold off cranking up the tunes in my ear. I guess I could use speakers... I will have to make a sound proof room 1st though. I am giving this a Digit Down because this is not cool, this is not fun, I am too young to have these issues. What is next for me, prostate problems?!? That could actually happen, you would have to be me to know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment