Friday, September 10, 2010

...9/11

I must warn you that I am probably going to start rambling. Nine years ago today we all know what happened, it was a horrible thing and it changed the lives of all of us. I sit here today and I think about all of the current events surrounding things that pre 9/11 no one would have cared about. I have done my best not to write about the Florida pastor who wants/wanted to burn Korans or the mosque that is planning to be built near the sight of Ground Zero. I 1st of all think that they both have the right to do both things, although I do not agree with either. I think that burning the Koran would not achieve anything at all, it would just be wasted paper. I also think that building a mosque so close to Ground Zero is not a smart move. I think if they really wanted to help change their images and show New Yorkers and others that they are peaceful and whatnot, it would be best to move away from the sight that started it all and to avoided the negative publicity that they are receiving. Before 9/11 people of Middle Eastern decent were not really noticed, no more than the occasional joke here or there but they were commonly confused with Indians so who really knows. Planes would let you carry a lot more things on, pretty much anything as long as you had a good enough reason for needing it. The government did not monitor your every key stroke or phone conversation for fear of another attack. Things were truly care free and happy, but now we are in a state of fear and we do not know it. We fear people who are not like us, we fear things that did not seem normal. What has this nation become? Yes I understand the attacks were devastating and yes some change was needed, but how far are we willing to go. If there is another attack, no matter how far off in the future it may be, what will happen, Marshall Law? I am not sure. I think we need to gradually return to the care free days of pre 9/11, the better days of this country. This is not going to happen but it would be nice if it did. I am giving this all a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment