Sunday, September 12, 2010

...2010 VMA

I would usually have a fashion wrap and some other things for an event like this but to me it was all crap. It is not as prestigious as the Emmys, which I also though twas just okay at best. The show started with a pre-show, of course, and they had the audacity to have a white carpet, after Labor Day, animals! I could already tell that I was not going to enjoy the show. Chelsea Handler, who I love and her show is hilarious, did not deliver as well as I thought she would and that was my biggest disappointment of the night. I was not excited to see any of the performers, I am just not into what hey are selling. maybe I am getting old or maybe I am above it all or maybe it is so far ahead of my that I just cannot catch up but these "new" artist are just eh, I have seen it all before and better. To me there were 2 good moments; when Lindsay Lohan appeared during the opening skit and when Cher came out wearing her "If I Could Turn Back Time" lace costume. Other than that it just seemed like something I would not watch even if I had more than enough free time on my hand. Next year I hope they (MTV) get way more creative and I hope that the videos they nominate are current and not for songs 2 years old. Digit Down

No comments:

Post a Comment