Thursday, September 23, 2010

...Sesame Street

Just 1 day after I saw that Katy Perry was going to be a guest on Sesame Street on New Year's Eve, I learned today that her duet with Elmo was cut from the show. Why? Well the segment was posted on YouTube and parents left comments that were not so kind. Mainly they had an issue with Katy's cleavage. The show said that it values its viewers and did not want to upset them so they removed the segment. I understand why they did it, and it makes sense, but it is not Katy's fault. I am sure Sesame Street, even with its budget cuts, has stylist who could have given her something else to wear, but they did not. Some people think that maybe Katy's life and lifestyle were to blame for the backlash from the parents, which could be possible, but I doubt it. This is the video that had parents, I am assuming mostly if not all mothers, upset.



I thought about it and I thought about it some more. Do I give Sesame Street a Digit Up or Down? Finally I just decided to give them a Digit Down. I would have given them a Digit Up if they would have at least tried to get Katy to wear something else, but they did not, so it all falls back on them. Digit Down Sesame Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment