Monday, February 21, 2011

Michigan Monday: Updates the 2012 Offer Train

The offers keep coming:

  • Royce Jenkins-Stone visited A2 this weekend and met with Coach Hoke.  RJS tweeted that the coaches said he could be the next Ray Lewis. 

  • James Ross was also in Ann Arbor this weekend for a un-official to Michigan.

  • OL Kyle Dodson (6'6 315 lbs.) from Cleveland was offered this weekend as well.

  • Instate DE/DT Matt Godin got his Michigan offer this weekend.  As you know, Matt had been concerned about not getting an offer from Ann Arbor and he finally got the good news this weekend I just got offered by Michigan. I called Coach Montgomery, and then talked to Coach Mattison. He said they reviewed my film and I have an offer from the University of Michigan. This is definitely a dream offer, I'm pretty excited. I'm going to wait and think things through before I make my decision, I'm going to visit up there this week and talk to the coaches more.

  • Matt is good friends with Danny O'Brien who was at the Midwest Best of the Best camp on Michigan's campus on Sunday.  Matt currently has Tennessee as his leader but Michigan is in the running and now having Matt having a scholarship offer to Ann Arbor could effect his decision.   He is planning a decision sometime during the football season.  Matt is a high priority recruit for Michigan this year.

  • Jordan Diamond was again up to Ann Arbor this weekend with future freshman Chris Bryant.  Jordan didn't participate in the camp but did get a chance to catch up with the new coaching staff and players:   We went up there yesterday; I met just about everybody. We talked to Coach Hoke, Coach Heck(linski), Funk, so it was cool. Coach Funk was telling me that they're light on the offensive line, they only have around 11 scholarship guys so I would have a good chance to play early. I was trying to build some comfort with them, get to know them, so it was good. The one thing I did get to see that was new was I got to see the players working out. That was good for me to see how they work out, and what they do.

  • Texas OLB Jeremiah Tshimanga (6'3 226 lbs) got a Michigan offer on Saturday.  Could be a candidate for the all name team!

No comments:

Post a Comment