Thursday, February 24, 2011

...Two And A Half Men

CBS has decided to cancel Two and a Half Men for the rest of the season after Charlie Sheen made some rather interesting comments earlier Thursday morning on a The Alex Jones Show. This is what he said: "I was told if I went on the attack, they would cancel the show and all that and so I'm just sort of seeing if they're telling the truth or not. Are they happy with the $5 billion they already made off me or do they think they can turn it into $10 [billion] in a couple more seasons?" Charlie continued. "I'm just saying, you know [the show] is a runaway freakin' juggernaut. Do what you've gotta do -- I'll go make movies with superstars and not work with idiots" In response later that evening CBS ans Warner Brothers said, "Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen's statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of 'Two and a Half Men' for the remainder of the season." This is major. The crew of the show was already pissed with Charlie for them not getting paid for the 2 weeks they were suspended for him to go through "rehab". He said he would pay a portion of the crew's wages while they were off. I wonder if he will keep that promise now! Is this a surprise? We all know who Carlie Sheen is and they should too. I bet CBS is regretting the almost $2 million per episode contract they gave him because now he can pretty much do whatever he wants and still get paid. The ball is in his court though and it is up tot him if he wants the show to go on. If the show is cancelled he has enough money to life happily ever after and like he said he can go off and do movies, although it may be harder with his recent string of activity. Still I am not a fan of the show but it is hugely popular and I am sure fans will be upset that it is cancelled. Hard ball or not no one wins in the end. Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment