Tuesday, May 17, 2011

...Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Shriver

Well by now I am sure you have heard he news, of course you have. Arnold had a baby with one of their household staffers. This explains why Maria and the kids moved out of their home earlier this year. For 10 years Arnold, his family and the staffer knew about the child, but only Arnold and the staffer knew that it was theirs. The woman told her husband it was his child, and Maria and her family treated him kindly as they would any other child. Arnold wrote in a statement, "I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry." Maria responded hours later with this statement, "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment." For sure this is not going to be easy for them. Maria is a born and raised Catholic and divorce is something she does not believe in, but this could be the straw to break the camel's back. Their children weighed in on the subject as well. Patrick tweeted, "Some days you feel like shit, some days you want to quit and just be normal for a bit. Yet I love my family till death do us apart." Their daughter Katherine tweeted, "This is definitely not easy but I appreciate your love and support as i begin to heal and move forward in life. I will always love my family!" Clearly there is still love there, even if those tweets were for show, I am sure they still love their father. Maria has a lot on her plate and I do not know how she will handle it. She still has kids to raise and a life to figure out. She has mentioned many times that she does not know what she wants to do with her life at this point in time. Arnold seems like he is going to be the punching bag for the family. He has been spotted more often than his wife and he seems prepared to take on whatever the media throws at him, though the media does seem to be keeping their distance and respecting their privacy a tad more than they would any other celebrity couple. Barbra Walters mentioned something on "The View" today, she mentioned that maybe Maria's mother, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, might have told Maria to let some things slide because that is just what men do. Eunice was the sister to the famous Kennedy men and we all know they Kennedy's are partly famous for their extra marital affairs as much as their politics and business. Now that Eunice is gone maybe Maria is taking control of things and maybe she decided that this is what needed to be done. Who really knows for sure but I do know that I am giving this news 2 Digits Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment