Friday, May 13, 2011

...The Great North American Carrot Company

I have an issue with these guys and their horible carrots. I am not going to complain about the baby carrot bags being full of water, which could lead to mold growing on the carrots while they are sitting in the store. I am however going to complain about the carrots sprouting while in the bag and becoming inedible. I bought a bag, my 3rd bag. I thought. I should have knwon that something would go wrong when I noticed int he store that almost all of the carrot bags had odd looking carrots. They were a little less orange and a little more yellow. I searched for a good bag but most have split carrots, brown carrots, brown spots on carrots, stems on the carrots, etc. I found a decent bag and bought it. I took it home and took the baby carrots out of the package, as I usually do because as I said earlier, the water could lead to mold. I threw out a few for being a little too brown or whatever, as I always do, no biggie. I bit into one and I could not bite all the way through it. I bit another and I had the same problem. Inside of these carrots was a tough fibrous material, almost wood like. I was immediately a little grossed out, only because it was an unusual and unexpected surprise. I found 6 more carrots like that and I threw the whole batch out. Apparently the carrots were harvested too late and that was the result. I am wondering, does this company have quality control issues or something? I know their carrots come from places like Mexico and Canada, but that should not have anything to do with making sure they are delivering the best possible product they can. If it were just a couple of carrots, I would not have a problem with it, but it was virtually the whole bag, and I can only imagine how many more bags were full of these horrible carrots. I am giving The Great North American Carrot Company a Digit Down for delivering such a shotty product. I will also not be eating any more of their products and neither will my friends. Good Day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment