Friday, May 20, 2011

...Randy "Macho Man" Savage

This is sad sad news. One of my favorite wrestlers has died at the age of 58. Macho Man Randy Savage, real name Randy Mario Poffo, suffered a heart attack while driving his Jeep with his wife in the passenger seat. He jumped across the lane, somehow missing oncoming traffic, and slammed into a tree. He died later in a Tampa, FL hospital. His wife suffered only minor injuries. The two were married for only a year, in fact they just celebrated their 1st anniversary earlier this month. Macho Man was an icon and a fan favorite from the start. His flamboyant costumes and awesome voice won over millions. I, like many young boys, was a huge wrestling fan in the 90's. I was a WCW fan because they had all of the wrestlers I like, great story lines and bright colors. Macho Man vs. Hulk Hogan was something I always loved watching. Sadly he is gone now and I ma 115% sure he will be missed by all wrestling fans around the world. Below is a video of him doing his famous Slim Jim commercial. I would lie to believe that he is the reason why Slim Jims are still around and eaten by many people. I am giving this sad news a Digit Down.









No comments:

Post a Comment