Sunday, March 20, 2011

...AT&T

T-Mobile how dare you!?!?! How dare you get bought out by the enemy, the enemy that you speak of in your commercials. AT&T announced a $39 billion deal with T-Mobile's parent company, Deutsche Telekom, that will see T-Mobile's customers and infrastructure become part of AT&T, creating the US' largest cellular carrier, and the only one to offer GSM phones. If approved by regulators, the newly expanded AT&T Inc. would have 130 million subscribers, allowing it to leapfrog arch-rival Verizon Wireless and its 94 million customers to become by far the nation's largest wireless carrier. Sprint Nextel Corp. would be a distant third. This affects me greatly. Though I have had a couple of different carriers here and there T-Mobile has always been my main cell phone carrier. I am not a fan of AT&T and I will not be apart of their massive corporation if I am forced to. I will seriously switch to a European company like Vodafone. It is still odd though how T-Mobile's parent company, Deutsche Telekom, is the 11th largest carrier in the world compared to AT&T which is 20th, and yet they did not have money to pump into its American company...shame. Even after talking to T-Mobile I do not know what or how to feel. I just got a new plan and phone Saturday, this totally ruins the moment, almost as bad as dropping the phone on concrete. AT&T swears this move will be for the best. They said it will lower bills and increase competition... NOT! If Verizon buys Sprint to keep up with the Jones', then there will be 2 large carriers telling us all what to do and how to do it and we will have to go to lesser carriers like Cricket or Virgin or Metro PCS and we will feel out of the loop and then we will have to come back to them. ARRRRRGAH! I am giving AT&T 2 Digits Down for making my life a tad less easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment