Friday, March 25, 2011

...Lindsay

Who is Lindsay? Add Lohan...now we are talking. Lindsay Lohan is dropping her last name and will only go by Lindsay. She is not alone though. Her mother Dina and sister Ali will be dropping the Lohan and going back to Dina's maiden name Sullivan. A couple of weeks ago Lindsay's younger brother Michael said he was going to drop his last name in order to avoid the confusion between he and his father. A couple of days ago Lindsay's dad was arrested on charges of domestic abuse of his girlfriend. I guess the whole family wants to break the "curse' of the Lohan name. Lindsay was on the fence about dropping her surname until last year's E-trade Super Bowl commercial in which they referenced a baby as "that milkaholic Lindsay." Lindsay is pretty much unhireable in Hollywood due to her legal problems, she is forever in and out of court. No one will insure her so no one will hire her for a movie role. I love the song "A New Life" by Pet Shop Boys, so I can understand what she is trying to do. I myself have had a name change or 3 myself. I just hope that she knows that a name change alone will not change her life, she herself has to be ready to change as well. I am going to give her a Digit Up because I think that she may finally be ready to grow up and move on past her troubled younger days, though she will always be Lindsay Lohan to the public, at least for a few years anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment