Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Love This Basketball Team

Ever since the Fab 5 penalty and punishment, I wondered when I would be excited to watch Michigan Basketball again.  The program teased us two years ago with a win in the first round and a blow out loss to Blake Griffin and Oklahoma.    Today, the team lost to #1 seed by two points with an open jumper from the lane that just was a touch too long.  If you think about it Michigan last 3 losses are on a banked 3 pointer to Wisconsin, a tournament loss to the #1 team in the nation and #1 seed Duke.  That's not too bad!

Michigan gave Duke everything they wanted and more today.  I would of preferred a TH2 or Zack 3 point shot for the win but I can't complain about the open look that Morris took.   That was a good look and a shot that he has hit a 100 times.   This team fought hard all game and worked it's way back from being down 15 points and in foul trouble most of the game.  My only complaint was the consistent involvement of the referees.  It seemed they couldn't stop blowing their whistle at some points.  Let the kids play and let the "nickel dimers" go. 

Even though today was a loss, I feel this program if finally back on solid ground and heading in the right direction.  Recruits, I hope you notice that something special is happening in Ann Arbor and the future is really bright for these young Wolverines.   This team is no longer a group of misfit toys, this is a well balanced team that is lacking a back up point guard and a big man away from challenging for Big Ten Championships. 

Well done guys and congratulations on a great year!  I have a feeling people won't be projecting you in the basement of the Big 10 next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment