Sunday, March 27, 2011

...NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Have you been watching? I have, faithfully. I have had my bracket broken so many times it is unrecognizable. No #1's left but a #11 and a #10 are in there. Do rankings even matter anymore? I guess sense this is rare you can say that they do, but I am starting to wonder... If Kentucky lost against UNC then all 5, yes I have 5 brackets, would have been killed. Duke let me down, Kansas let me down, Ohio State let me down and so on and so on, but Butler and VCU shocked me, no awe, just shocked me. These relatively young coaches leading these teams who rarely make it past the field of 32, though Butler made it to the finals last year, are now in the Final Four. I cannot wait until next year when the rankings come out, will Butler and VCU be in the top 10? Possibly, more so Butler than VCU. Will those rankings matter or last? I am sure those teams will get more and better recruits from this exposure and their more than likely higher rankings, but as we saw this year this weeks #1 team is next weeks #5. I am going to give this Tournament a Digit Up because I am a little upset that I may bomb with the my brackets, bu the overall excitement and uncertainty is not only great for the schools, NCAA, channels (ratings), advertisers and players, it is great for the viewers...the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment