Friday, December 17, 2010

...Barbara Picower

Who is Barbara Picower? The wife of the late Jeffry Picower, who died October of 2009 after drowning in his pool at home. Why do these people matter? Well Mr. Picower received $7.2 billion from Bernard L. Madoff and his ponzi scheme that milked $65 billion from thousands of people. Jeffery had been sued by people claiming he was apart of the scheme and was just as responsible as Bernard, but he died before anything could be proven. His wife Barbra agreed to turn over the money to the victims. The victims are seeking $50 billion, and with this new amount added to the pot to date the total collected stands at $9.8 billion. Barbra had this to say,“I am absolutely confident that my husband Jeffry was in no way complicit in Madoff’s fraud. The Madoff Ponzi scheme was deplorable, and I am deeply saddened by the tragic impact it continues to have on the lives of its victims. It is my hope that this settlement will ease that suffering.” I am not sure if she or her husband had anything to do with the scheme. Many do believe that her husband knew about it and blackmailed Bernard into giving him such a large sum of money to shut him up. Either way this is a great deed and I can say that I probably would not have done what she has done. To me if they cannot prove it, then I am all right. Although if it would have kept me out of jail then they could have taken the money. I am giving Barbra Picower a Digit Up for being so kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment