Wednesday, December 15, 2010

...Time Magazine

So Mark Zuckerberg, creator of Facebook, was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year. I do not know if he deserved it and apparently I am not alone. Some thin that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange should have gotten the title. I must remind people that it is a magazine and no actual money or prize is awarded. I do wonder though if Mark is just another Internet billionaire fad who has reached his peak. Does anyone remember Myspace? Yes it was once the bee's knees, huge and global, everyone had it, it was mentioned in songs and was a pop culture phenomenon. Now it is a struggling old beast that no one really cares about anymore. What else has he done? He had a movie made about him. Gave money away on Oprah. Decide to donate at least half of his money to charity when he dies. Now much to me. I do think this was premature because in 3 years or less no one will care about Facebook. The people who are using it now are already over it. I am giving Time Magazine a Digit Down. Better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment