Monday, December 27, 2010

...Florida

My state, my home state, the state I claim and the state I love, what has happened to you? In a new report entitled "Where The $200,000+ Crowd Lives" they listed the top 15 states in America. I read through the little article and I was lie cool I wonder where Florida ranked, top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5...WRONG! Florida did not crack the top 15! New Hampshire, Illinois, Colorado, Virginia and Washington D.C. (Number 1 on the list by the way) made the top 15, but not Florida? Florida has no income tax and has a low corporate tax. Florida has some of the best beaches and best nightlife, these are desirable things! I know that due to the recession a lot of people left Florida and a lot of millionaires who made their money from real estate lost a lot of it but still, this is Florida! I can go to Miami and find 10,000 millionaires, paper and actual, easily. I know there are a lot of New York bankers and brokers who claim Florida as their state of residence for the lower taxes, that matters. I remember when Jupiter Island, Florida was the most expensive zip code in America. Florida needs to regain its luster, its glory, its high net worth lifestyle again and fast. I am giving Florida a Digit Down for going down with the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment