Tuesday, December 7, 2010

...Elizabeth Edwards




UPDATE: Elizabeth Edwards has died at the age of 61. She was surrounded by family and friends, including her estranged husband John Edwards. I am saddned for her children, but I think they may agree with me, sadly, wehn I say that it was probably time. She had been battling cancer for 6 years and the added stress of her marriage did not help. She will be missed by a lot of people for sure.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Elizabeth Edwards... Well basically she is telling us goodbye. She received news that her cancer has returned and it has spread to her liver. She has been battling breast cancer since 2004 and for a while it looked like she beat it. Her doctors told her that further treatment would be unproductive, so she has stopped and it seems as if it is only a matter of time before she will be gone. She wrote this on her Facebook page, "You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces -- my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined... It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know." As you know her husband, John Edward, had an affair and fathered a child with another woman while running for President in 2008. They have been separated for a while now, but even he is by her side while she goes through this difficult time. I am sure I am not alone in wishing that this did not have to end this way for her, but in the end it may be best. Her family will miss her greatly and so will the people she touched across the nation. I am giving this news 2 Digits Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment