Monday, November 29, 2010

...The 83rd Academy Awards

Although the show does not air until February 27th 2011, I am already not liking them so far. Why? Because they have announced the two host as James Franco and Anne Hathaway. I am okay with the fact that there is a chance that they both may be nominated for Oscar's, Franco more so, but I am not okay with the fact that this is a blatant act to try to attracted younger viewers to the show. Why do you need younger viewers? No matter what the show will air! It is an institution, a classic, Hollywood loves this and it will never go away! I want funny host, not two people Hollywood tells me I should like because they are "young" and "talented" and "hot". I see none of that, my standards are much higher than that. I can only imagine the faux sexual tension they will have to play out on stage and the jokes that will fall flat and so on. Last year's two host Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin were very funny and had actual chemistry and comedic timing. Even on SNL Franco and Hathaway seems a little out of their element and forced. I will still watch, the clothes and the upsets attract me, but I will not be pleased with those two host. I am not sure which will be worst, these two hosting or the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl. I am giving the Academy a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment