Sunday, November 28, 2010

...Leslie Nielsen

About two months ago I was on Wikipedia and I decided to look up one of my favorite actors, Leslie Nielsen. His back story was awesome. I had no clue he was abused as a child by his father. I also did not know he was deaf. Today I found out that he was dead, and I must say that I am truly saddened. He died at the age of 84 due to complications from pneumonia.


As I child I grew up watching Naked Gun movies and to this day I still think they are some of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I watch them pretty much every time they are on and I still enjoy them very much. He has been making movie and T.V. shows for 60 years. Starting with series acting roles, he eventually moved into funny roles, roles that made him a legend. I know that I am not the only one who will miss him. I must admit that two months ago when I looked him up I was just making sure he was still alive. That is how I felt every time I saw him in a new movie or on a show, I was just happy to know that he was still alive. All good things must come to an end, but I am glad he left us with such great memories and laughs galore. Leslie Nielsen...you get 2 Digits Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment