Saturday, July 23, 2011

...Amy Winehouse

Sadly I must report, as if it were breaking news many hours later, the one of my favorite singers Amy Winehouse has died at the age of 27. The 1st British female singer to win 5 Gammys in a night joins Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain, just to name a few, to die at the age of 27. There are conflicting reports that say she died of an overdose, though the police have not given an official reason yet. Though I and many others knew this day was coming, we always hoped it would come later rather than sooner. It was just a week ago that my friend and I were talking and I mentioned that I could not wait for her next album to come out, whenever that may be. I hoped it would be soon and was glad that she checked into rehab, yet again. Now that may never be. I am sure there are some unreleased tracks that her label will put into a commemorative album, but it will not be the same. Though there is Adele, a powerful soul singer, she is not Amy. Amy had anger, angst, hurt an pain that you could hear and her voice and sadly you could see it a lot of times when she was out in public. I hope her loving parents are okay, her father especially who has been by her side through it all. My one wish is that Dr. Drew does not mention this on any of his shows at all, but sense that will not happen I hope he does not talk about her for more than 5 minutes. Now she is gone and we will have only her music to listen to. I am going to choose to remember the good by listening to my favorite songs by her. I am giving this news 2 Digits Down.







No comments:

Post a Comment