Thursday, July 21, 2011

...Paris Hilton

I was not going to comment on her but I decided to. I watched her show, I was one of the few that decided to watch it. I liked it. I have always been a fan of hers because I get it. Though she puts on an act, I have always gotten her. I understand her much better than I have any Kardashian and I know what she could be if she wanted to. Her show was meant to give us a new look into her life, a better view of who she is now and where she is going as a woman. Sadly the show fell short. Her voice overs were a tad too much and they at times made her sound like a snob and rude. I understand that if you grow up around a certain set of people and you were raised a certain way then you cannot help the way you are. Her mother admitted on the show that she was raised to care what others thought of her and she raised her kids to the same way. She realized it was not the best way to live and she changed. This moment was seen on the show, it was a great mother daughter moment. Her mother, Kathy Hilton, is a pillar of strength in the Hilton family. I adore her and many people do. Now back to Paris. One thing that she should do is....drop some of her friends. Pretty much all of her friends, minus Jen, make her look bad. Even if she does not do drugs regularly like Brooke or even if she is not a rude bitch like her friend Allison, they still make her look bad. Why would she choose to bring those friends on her show? People will see how they are and assume that is why Paris acts the way she does. Though they might have been her friends for years, sometimes you just have to start over and keep the good friends and get rid of the old ones. Also during the season I wondered if Paris had ever slept with another girl. A lot of her friends seemed to have so one could assume that she has as well. All in all I think the show did show us a slightly more thoughtful side of her and I do believe the moments were real. However I do not think that reality TV is the world for her anymore. She should become a forceful businesswoman and expand her brand as best as possible. I am still going to give Paris Hilton a Digit Up because at the end of the day I get what she is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment