Sunday, July 17, 2011

...Cash Cab

Death is rarely ever funny. Most of the times it is not the death that is funny but the way that it occurred that is. I read about a man in Canada who was struck by a taxi and later died. The taxi turned out to be one of the faux taxis used for the show "Cash Cab". This was not the American version though, this was the Canadian version. The accident happened as a producer was driving the replica cab back to a storage facility after filming for the day had been completed. The 61 year old man hit by the cab later died at the hospital. Andrew Burnstein, president of Castlewood Productions Inc., which produces the shows Canadian version, had this to say, "Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim and his friends and his family. My heart also goes out to the driver of the vehicle, a member of our technical staff, who is shaken and devastated by this tragic accident, as is our entire team." No charges have been filed yet, but the accident is still under investigation. Why was this funny? I have no clue, but I giggled and I am still trying to figure out why. Probably because it was the "Cash Cab" and that show is a tad annoying to me, though I only watch a segment every other other month by accident. This news is sad for that mans family and I am sure they will sue and get a lot of cash from that cab, haha...awwwww cheap. I am giving this a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment