Monday, July 25, 2011

Michigan Monday: 4 Star WR Set to Visit Today

The end of the week could be a big deal for the Wolverines with the BBQ at the Big House with a number of current commits, 2012 and 2013 prospects will get to share some burgers and hot dogs and get to know the coaches and the Michigan program a bit better.  Guys like Wormley or Dunn could take a few steps closer to becoming a Wolverine. 

Today and Tuesday a 4 star WR from Iowa,  Amara Darboh will visit Ann Arbor. Darboh holds offers from Florida, Iowa, Iowa State, ND, Nebraska, Wisconsin and others.  I'm going up to Michigan tomorrow [Monday the 25th]. Me and my basketball coach are going. He's a Michigan fan and he was able to give me a ride, so he wanted to go. We're taking off here at 8am on Monday, staying all day Monday, all day Tuesday, and then we might be back for a little bit on Wednesday too. 

I thought I'd have a top list already but I'm not going to have it until my season starts. Hopefully when my season starts I'll have it narrowed down to a top five and then just go from there. If I take an official visit somewhere and I feel comfortable and it feels right then I'll just commit there. Right now everything changes every now and then because I haven't seen everywhere yet. I don't want to name a list until I finalize it, but I think Michigan has a good chance to be in the top five. I'll know more about them after my visit.

With Stanford's interest in Michigan starting to slip, it seems Hoke and Staff will take the first 4 star WR that wants to commit.  With one spot in this class, I expect someone will commit in the next couple of weeks.

Bad News for former Michigan recruits:
  • Pryor has had a bad 8 months but now reports are coming out the NFL might not allow him or even have a supplemental draft.
  • We knew about Dee Hart blowing out his ACL.
  • Now comes word that Kris Frost has a dislocated elbow and needs surgery. 
  • Russell Shepard who considered Michigan his leader for about 5 minutes before committing to LSU, might have some eligibility issues.
  • Jatashun “Big Tex” Beachum RB/DT who was considering Michigan near signing day for the 2010 class has left Arkansas program.
  • If you didn't hear, Hawaii said, thanks but no thanks to Tate Forcier last week.   I think it's fair to assume that he has serious grade issues.  I'm guessing he will end up a Community College for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment