Thursday, July 14, 2011

...Emmy Snubs

As a future Emmy winner, of some sort...even if it is a local Emmy, I pay close attention to the Emmy nominations. This year I, along with many others, were surprised by who did not get a nominations, a little pissed. Let me start with one of my favorite shows Cougar Town. Are you kidding me here, no nominations for Cougar Town!?! Glee gets 12, Cougar Town gets 0. I guess because there is no gay character on the show, like its network sister Modern Family, they just got ignored. Cougar Town is funny, the whole cast is funny and it deserved a few nominations for the show and individual cast members. Next on the list would be the whole Real Housewives series. How is it that not a single show from that awesome series of shows not get nominated? The shows that were nominated however: Antiques Roadshow, Deadliest Catch, Hoarders, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List, MythBusters and Undercover Boss. Besides Kathy Griffin's show I do not watch any of these dated shows. I try to watch MythBusters but it comes on at some programed pack prime time time and it is just forgettable. Now I will end this with my last upset of the Emmy's... Why is there no mention of the hilarious and somewhat offensive It's Aways Sunny in Philadelphia? This show is crazy funny and stupid and smarter than most would think. Though it is on FX it also airs on Comedy Central and the show has a loyal following. I would lie to see an Emmy or two slung their way before the show ends, whenever that is. I am giving these Emmy Snubs a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment