Wednesday, July 6, 2011

...Justin Bieber

Has Justin Bieber's ride come to an end? Not yet, but his 15 minutes may have peaked already. The issue of Vanity Fair with him on the cover was the lowest selling issue in 12 years! Bieber's Vanity Fair issue sold 246,000 copies, 28 percent below the magazine's average of 342,000 for the first half of the year. The odd thing is this is not the 1st time he has bombed on the cover of a magazine. Bieber also appeared on an October 2010 Teen Vogue cover that sold 121,054 issues, 12 percent below the magazine's 2010 average. His April 2010 People cover sold 961,762 copies, 25 percent below the weekly's average, making it the publication's third-worst seller of the year. I think he should call Taylor Swift and ask her what this moment feels like, her issues bomb as well. Bieber is not a real singer, he is more of a brand. I doubt he will/can continue as a singer, his voice will change and auto tune can only do so much for a guy. He is short, almost a man, and he is known for being a brat. I have never been a fan and he has not given me a reason to even try to become a fan, unlike Miley Cyrus who at times makes me want to like her. I am giving Justin Bieber a Digit Down for ruining good magazine covers and their sales. I hope no one lost their job over him, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment