Saturday, July 30, 2011

...OK Go

I like art, mostly all art in one way shape or form. OK Go is a band that makes music videos that go on to become viral hits. Some would say that their music videos are art, this can be debated and it would be a healthy debate. I am not here to debate that. Below is their new video for a new song and once again they have done something interesting that will capture the attention of a lot of people. My problem with OK Go is their music. Do you really remember any of their songs? Better yet do you like any of their songs? While you remember their videos you can vaguely remember their song. I can only remember the song that went along to their video of them on the treadmills. Actually I remember the music, not the lyrics. So then I start to wonder, do they make interesting videos to cover up for their bad songs? It is like a bad singer that looks really petty, or as we know it pop music. I would like OK Go to make good music rather than so so music and an interesting video. If they can not do that then they should change their name to something more fitting like Used Car Salesmen. For their lack of memorability music wise I am going to give OK Go a Digit Down.






No comments:

Post a Comment