Saturday, July 16, 2011

...Inflation

So we all know that there is a 3-4% inflation of everything in America every year. We do not like it, but we deal with it. I recently took a trip to Walmart, Toys R Us and Target and noticed that inflation has hit a favorite product of mine. In this economy with so many people out of work and with our national debt inching closer to the ceiling daily I cannot be totally shocked that this product's price has become inflated, but I still do not like. I collect and sometimes play with toy cars, Matchbox and Hot Wheels of course. Matchbox has always been cheaper at around 94 cents per car with Hot Wheels selling for around 97 cents per car. Last week I noticed that those prices rose to $1.04 for Matchbox and $1.11 for Hot Wheels. I was at Toys R Us though so I just assumed it was their price, their toys are not always cheap. But I noticed as I went to Target and then Walmart, the "always" low price store, that these prices were consistent. It actually did not hit me until I bought a Hot Wheels car and handed the cashier the money and I realized I owed her 7 more cents. Now I can somewhat understand the price hikes, but why so much? Like gas this will only lead to higher prices int he future. Think about it; 2023 paying $1.50 for a little toy car. In the back on my mind I know I have more important things to focus on and this makes up the smallest portion of my life... Is that sad? Any who I am giving this inflation a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment