Thursday, October 21, 2010

...The Hangover 2

Mel Gibson just cannot catch a break. It was widely reported that he would be making a cameo in the new movie " The Hangover 2". Now just 4 days after that came out it is being reported that his scenes were cut from the movie. Director Todd Phillips had this to say, "I thought Mel would have been great in the movie and I had the full backing of [WB president] Jeff Robinov and his team. But I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew." Apparently Zach Galifianakis had a problem with Mel being in the movie. In a podcast interview he said this, "But a movie you're acting in, you don't have a lot of control -- you just show up and vomit your lines out. I'm not the boss. I'm in a deep protest right now with a movie I'm working on, up in arms about something. But I can't get the guys to [listen] ... I'm not making any leeway." No mention of Mel per se but it was implied. On the other hand some think that the backlash from the media was a little to blame if not the whole reason why his scenes were cut. Some believe that if the media had not said anything about it no one would have cared until the movie was out, too late then, and that he would have been well received. I think that this is bad for Mel. This was supposed to be his mini comeback, like when Mike Tyson was cameoed in the 1st movie. Now Mel must wait for his other movie with Jodie Foster to come out, which could be a failure because now people will not have a proper transition into it. I am giving Mel's cut a Digit Down because I would have loved to have seen him as a tattoo artist. Maybe it will be in the DVD, who knows right?

No comments:

Post a Comment