Thursday, October 14, 2010

...MTV Town Hall

I applaud the President for his willingness to include young Americans in the political process and for listening to their voices with real concern. However I do not understand the purpose of the MTV Town Hall that took place. It could have been pretty good, but it was only an hour long. It was full of your typical rhetoric and whatnot, but some of the questions were good and made you think. A lot of questions were Tweeted in, but few were read. Bullying, bipartisanship, the economy, education and gay rights were all talked about. This event took over 3 channels, MTV, BET and CMT. I think it hit every teen demographic possible, minus those who may be into C-Span or the Biography channel. Yet while there were good talking points, it did feel a tad like an election rally, although he did not mention anything of the sort, which brings me back to why. Why was this held now, on this date, at that time. Okay the time makes sense, but still why? I have yet to hear why or figure out why, it does not frustrate me but it makes me wonder...why hahaha. I am going to give this a Digit Up just this once because I think it probably made those young Americans there feel as if they were being listened too...important even, and that is always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment