Saturday, October 30, 2010

...The Rally to Restore Sanity And / Or Fear

I honestly do not know what this was about. I watched most of it and I thought, "What is the point?" Really what was it? Both Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart pretty much put on a live variety show that just happened to take place in Washington D.C. and mention politics. Some of it was corny and cheesy and very scripted. It was a back and fourth between Stewart and Colbert over Fear vs. Sanity and nothing was actually solved. Towards the end Stewart got serious and addressed the problems as he saw it in speech, which can be seen below.







With an estimated 215,000-250,000 people there no one knows what, if anything, this rally achieved. I would like to think it was just a nice outing with people who wanted to have a good laugh or two. Or maybe it was more like a live political comedy show? I am not sure actually, I am not sure the people there even know...or the host. For that reason I am going to have to give this all a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment