Friday, October 22, 2010

...The Talk

I had heard about this show for months. The controversy of the show featuring a lesbian mother, but that died down a day after I heard about it. The Talk premiered Monday and I watched it, I watched all week long after I found out what time it came on. No one really seemed to care. Barbra Walters mentioned it, sort of, on "The View" Monday when she said the reason their show is so good and why others try to copy... Oh Snap! Well After watching this week I can see why no one really cared, the show is boring. It has its funny moments but it is boring. The show is for mothers, and mothers can be boring, especially mothers of young children. Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete, and Marissa Jaret Winokur are the stars of the show and they seem to get along, for now. During their interviews of guest like Jennifer Lopez and Christie Brinkley they played softball, not the actual game, but with the questions. I understand that they are a new show and I guess they are not trying to ruffle feathers, but c'mon ladies, do something! Julie's husband is the main boss at CBS so it is not like the show has anything to worry about. I doubt I will continue to watch next week. I need more substance, more meat. Honestly I do not see this show lasting that long... Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment