Tuesday, October 19, 2010

...Tom Bosley

Sad news in TV Land today. Actor Tom Bosley has died at the age of 83 due to heart failure. He was best known for his role as Howard "Mr. C" Cunningham on Happy Days. I remember watching him on television as a child, on Happy Days of course. That was when Nick at Nite was good and actually showed good old television shows and not just shows that failed to stay afloat on television a few years ago and shows that just ended and can be seen on any other channel but for some reason Nick thinks that running marathons of them work so much better, but I digress. I saw him periodically on shows and commercials but I did not know he was 83 or that he was going to die of heart failure, especially since he lost weight recently as well. I am sure his family and cast members and the rest of Hollywood are truly saddened by this news on the heels of another American television parental icon's death over the weekend. I am talking about Barbara Billingsley who played June Cleaver in "Leave It To Beaver." I am giving this a Digit Down because as we know death is rarely ever a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment