Sunday, October 31, 2010

...Pontiac

And so it ends... After 84 years General Motors has decided to end the production of Pontiac. The sad thing is I thought that they already ended it. GM is still trying to cut its debt and along with many other brands they had to sell or end Pontiac just had to bite the dust. Since I have been alive the only thing that the ever made that seemed cool and acceptable was the Firebird and the Trans AM, other than that they just seemed like horribly styled Chevrolets. While those with Pontiacs can still get them serviced and worked on at any GM dealership and if under warranty it will still be honored, after this weekend any Pontiac left on a dealership will be considered used. I cannot say that I personally am sad to see this brand go, it was already dead. Most people still think of the Pontiacs of the 60's, mainly the GTO, but that was decades ago and when they decided to make a new GTO it looked more like a Grand AM with a body kit, shame. As long as Chevy, Cadillac and Buick are still being produced, no other brand under GM is safe. Actually I could see Buick going away within a decade or 2, what is the purpose of it...really? Anyway I am giving this news a Digit Up because I am sure this will cause something semi major to happen at GM, although I still will not care, this brand needed to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment