Sunday, April 10, 2011

...2011 Masters

I watch golf here and there. This weekend though I was tuned in. Tiger is still looking for his 1st win and his 1st Major's win post 2009 Thanksgiving drama. I have to admit that I was cheering for Tiger and hoping that he would come back from 7 strokes back and win. ell he did not win but he did come back and tie for the lead throughout most of his play. He actually have 2 or 3 chances to take the lead with a possible -13, but the ball just did not fall his way. He finished tied for 4th with a -10. Rory McIlroy all but had the championship in his hand, but he had a massive collapse on the 10th hole with a triple bogey and he just could not recover. The winner turned out to be little known Charl Schwartzel from South Africa. It was an exciting game and something that golf really needed in order to capture viewers of all ages. If you saw this Sunday's finale then you know just how exciting it was. Eagles, birdies, chip shots into the hole, long putts going in, it was a great thing to see and a great way to relax on a Sunday. I though t I was going to maybe take a nap, but I was wrong. I am giving the 2011 Masters 2 Digits Up because not only was it exiting it was much more than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment