Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wolverine Thursday: Spring Game Information

Coach Hoke sat down with the media yesterday and gave us some thoughts on the Spring Game on Saturday. 

First off, the weather is supposed to be cold and rainy which is too bad because that probably will keep people way and donations for Mott's down.  If your wondering, the game is still free but if do $5 and up donation to Mott's you will walk away with some cool Fat Head stuff or special access to game day activities next season.

Players that are out:  JT Floyd, Troy Woolfolk, Taylor Lewan, and Kenny Demens.  Those are all starters and each one is expected to be ready for Fall practice. 

Match Ups:  #1 Offense vs #2 Defense.   #1 Defense vs #2 Offense.  Winners get Steak for dinner - Losers get Hot Dogs. 

"We're heading down the home stretch of spring, obviously. We've got two days left to keep evaluating." Mindset, mentality, etc. will still be evaluated in the final two days. "We've made some progress in some of those areas but we're a long way from being the football team we want to be in the fall."

I have heard there has been a ton of "coaching" going on for each player.  Much more working on fundamentals then under the last staff.  Which is exactly what this team needs.  I am not expecting a ton out of the Spring Game, my hope is the players can work on what they learned in Spring over the summer months and really turn it up during Fall Practice.

If your wondering, I still hear the kicking game still sucks.  I sure hope that freshman coming in can kick field goals. 

  • Here is some visit reaction from Joe Bolden's who was in town on Tuesady for his second visit to Ann Arbor with is Mom and Dad:  I didn't see as much as I wanted to last time. This time we got to drive through campus, see the classrooms, and we just got to see a lot more than last time. We go the grand tour of everything. I didn't get to see a dorm because there weren't any vacant, but I got to see the building that I would be living in.----Timeline: I still haven't gotten the chance to sit down with my mother, father, and uncle and weigh out the pro's and con's of everything. My uncle wasn't at school today, but we'll probably sit down in the next couple days. I really don't have a timeline, it could happen tomorrow or it could happen in February. I'm not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment