Wednesday, April 20, 2011

...Lady Gaga

I have had a feeling for a long time that Lady Gaga would kill her on career due to drug use and over exposure. It seems as if another piece of that ticking time bomb has been added with her latest interview NME.com. She denied allegations that her song "Born This Way" sounds a lot like Madonna's "Express Yourself". This is how it went:

"No. Listen to me. Why the [expletive]...? I'm a songwriter. I've written loads of music. Why would I try to put out a song and think I'm getting one over on everybody? That's retarded."




"What a completely ridiculous thing to even question me about. I will look you in your eyes and tell you that I am not dumb enough or moronic enough to think that you are dumb enough or moronic enough not to see that I would have stolen a melody. If you put the songs next to each other, side by side, the only similarities are the chord progression. It's the same one that's been in disco music for the last 50 years. Just because I'm the first [expletive] artist in 25 years to think of putting it on Top 40 radio, it doesn't mean I'm a plagiarist, it means that I'm [expletive] smart."

"Nobody in this room at any point looked around and said, 'Oh my God, it's 'Express Yourself.' Not once. Listen. I swear to you. ... It's so funny to hear you say, 'It must have been a homage,' I'm like, NO. When I homage, I [expletive] homage with a big sign saying I've done it. Why would I not do that now?"

"I just don't want my fans... I don't know. This is exhausting. I just don't wanna perpetuate that [expletive]. I'm sure you want to address it but it's just so ridiculous. I was just [expletive] shell-shocked by it."

[Starts crying] "I feel like honestly that God sent me those lyrics and that melody. When you feel a message to give to the world and people are shooting arrows at it... there's no way for something that pure to be wrong."

Well it seems as if she is on a powerful drug, a drug that Charlie Sheen would give up his goddesses for. It is becoming clearer and clear that this woman needs help. I was a fan, and to a certain extent I am a fan. I understand being different and odd and weird and so on, but there has to be a medium in which you come back to so that we, the people, know when Gaga is being Gaga and when Gaga is off her rocker. I am giving Lady Gaga a Digit Down for this early sign of trouble ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment