Wednesday, April 13, 2011

...Catherine Zeta-Jones

By now I am sure you have heard that Catherine Zeta-Jones was treated for bipolar disorder. The Oscar winning actress spent 5 days at an undisclosed facility receiving treatment. Her publicist released this statement, "After dealing with the stress of the past year, Catherine made the decision to check in to a mental health facility for a brief stay to treat her Bipolar II Disorder. "She's feeling great and looking forward to starting work this week on her two upcoming films." She has had to deal with the stress of her husband's, Michael Douglas, cancer treatments over the last year while racing 2 young children and having Michael's ex-wife take him to court over possibly getting half of the profits from the "Wall Street" sequel. Though Michael is doing better she clearly suffered a great deal. When I first heard this news though I wondered which Catherine decided to check herself into treatment, the high or the low Catherine. Then I wondered... Only five days? This is an "illness", this takes more than five days. So Unless she was going through menopause or they gave her a lot of medication I am not sure how she is truly doing. Either way though I hope she recovers well and I am sure we will see her on many morning news shows or talk shows in the near future, around the time her movie(s) come out, talking about her time in treatment. I am giving her a Digit Up for not being afraid of letting us know about her own personal ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment