Tuesday, August 3, 2010

...Brett Favre

Brett Favre, my favorite football player, my football hero, the living football legend, has decided to call it quits...for the 3rd time. It is being reported that Brett Favre is going to retire form the game of football after 20 years of service. The only problem is, no one has heard it from Brett. It has been reported that late Monday night Favre called the Minnesota Vikings and some of his teammates and let them know that he was not returning. When asked about it it head coach Brad Childress said he would not believe it until he heard it from Brett's mouth, and that has yet to happen. Brett nor his agent have given said that he was retiring, so many are wondering if this news is true. I sort of think it is true, although I do not want to. He had ankle surgery over the Summer to repair his damaged ankle and it has been reported that he is not pleased with the progress his ankle has made. Also he is almost 41 and he took some pretty major hits last season, especially against the Carolina Panthers. But there are doubts, and rightfully so. He "retired" from the Green Bay Packers, but came back with the Jets. He retired from the Jets, and then came back with the Vikings and now we are here again 3 years after his 1st retirement for number 3. Some are saying that maybe he will come back during the middle of the season. I do not know if that is likely. Brett holds the record for most consecutive starts at 285, I doubt he would want to miss out on adding to that record. I know that Brett wants to continue playing the game, it is in his heart and soul to play. I could see him possibly sitting out a season and maybe coming back for one last shot a year later, but I think that would make him so rusty that you would actually see him play like a man of his age. I do want him, to come back though and of course I would love to see him win a Super Bowl, but if that is too much then maybe he could just not go out with an interception, the way he has done for every team he left, but that is kind of what makes Favre Favre. So if this really is his real retirement, all I can hope fore is that h becomes an announcer or a coach of some sort, I never want to not see Brett Favre away from football for too long. I am giving this possible sad news 2 Digits Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment