Tuesday, August 10, 2010

...Linda McMahon

Linda McMahon, known as the former CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, won the Republican nomination for the open Connecticut Senate seat. She received 49% of the votes in a 3-way battle, that is pretty good. She did spend nearly $22 million of her own money to fund her campaign, and she is willing to spend up to $50 million, major. Some thought her wrestling history would harm her, especially in an ultra conservative state such as Connecticut. Although she has not tried to hide her past, she even made a commercial about it, she let it be known that that is her past and this is her future. I have always been fond of Mrs. McMahon and the McMahon family, so I was very pleased with her win. I do hope that she does go on to win the seat this November, her policies on taxes are actually really good. Some say that she may be buying her way into the senate, and if this were almost any other state I would agree, but this state is full of smart and wise wealthy business men and women, money means nothing to them. I think she earned it and she also earned a Digit Up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment