Thursday, August 26, 2010

...Josh Kroenke

Josh Kroenke is a lucky guy. His mother is a Wal-Mart heiress and his father Stan Kroenke just purchased the St. Louis Rams. The problem with that is in the NFL you cannot own more than one sports team. Easy, Stan gave his other teams, NHL's Avalanche and the NBA's Nuggets. Stan had this to say about his son, "Josh Kroenke, in my view, has been ready to take over the Nuggets for a couple of years. I just haven't put him in that position. He was and still is very young, but he's had his 10,000 hours, if you read Malcolm Gladwell. Josh is ready to do that." Josh played college basketball and I know for a fact when you grow up in a business family you learn things even if you do not want to. Stan is just 30 years old! He will be one of the youngest owners of a major sport ever I am sure. I do not know if I admire him or envy him. This is nepotism at its best, and I like it. I am going to give Josh a Digit Up. I thin he will better relate to the players sense he is closer to their age and I think, or hope, he will bring a fresher look on things into the basketball and hockey world.

No comments:

Post a Comment