Saturday, August 7, 2010

...Television

I love television, always have, probably always will. But lately I have noticed something that I should have noticed a long time ago, television shows are all the same, and by that I mean genre. Most television shows are drama, comedy, reality. That is OK, nothing wrong with that. But the problem is there is no real variety. Most dramatic television shows are all cops shows or medical shows. The new T.V. season is almost upon us and most of the new and returning shows are cop shows and medical shows, woohoo. Just to name a few there will be all of the Law and Orders, all of the CSI's, Hawaii Five-O, Gray's Anatomy, Criminal Minds, Hawthorne and others, I do not really watch them so I cannot name a lot of them. I do not watch them because after the 1st few dozen times, you sort of always know what is going to happen. A big accident sends a ton of people to the E.R. and the doctors scramble to get to all of the victims. A body is found in the forest and no one saw who killed her. All of these events get solved within the hour, or sometimes if they need a ratings boost, 2 hours, that equals 2 weeks. I am over it. I need more variety, more originality. Hollywood is on a creative hiatus, and that is not cool. I am giving the television industry a Digit Down. Look out movies you are are next.

No comments:

Post a Comment