Friday, August 27, 2010

...U.S. Child Births

I am not into kids, I do not plan on having an ever and I will medically make that possible if I have to. Apparently due to this "Great Recession" we are in many Americans are thinking the same. Child Births in America are at an all time low, its lowest level in at least a century according to the CDC. As many middle and low income families are struggling with job loss and little or no income, having a child just does not make sense. In the last 3 years birth rates have been steadily falling. Oddly enough Europe's birth rates are climbing and in America women over 40 have are seeing a higher birth rate, because they feel as if they are running out of time, which is true...Jennifer Aniston. This is nothing new though. During "The Great Depression" birth rates fell sharply and took over a decade to bounce back. I think that this should stick for a while. We do not need more children, we have too many older people around as it is and old plus young equals a lot of tax dollars for things that I cannot see but am told is very important. I do not think we have to limit it to say 1 or 2 kids per family, but I think that we should just maybe consider prolonging this halt on child birth until we sort things out and thin out our herd. I am giving this news a Digit Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment