Thursday, August 12, 2010

...Television Salaries

As you may already know I love television, it will be my future means of income some day, some way. I recently read an article about the salaries of televisions top stars in all genres from reality to comedy. Of course Oprah made the most with $315 million, but other salaries were interesting. Along with the salaries the article explained the average rate for a new show is about $75,000-$125,000 per episode, down from what it used to be but still good. Some stars of hit shows are barely making $200,000, such as the stars of "Big Bang Theory". It also explained how 1 veteran star wanted $250,000 per episode and the studio said no, only $200,000. The star would not budge so the studio went with someone else. I, for some reason, assume that the replacement star was William Shatner in the new show this Fall "Shit My Dad Says", but I could be wrong. Anyway, the article was interesting and made me think hard about the work the actors do and who really deserves their pay, and how much they actually make. I think some actors really do deserve more, but due to conflict and whatnot they have to settle for what their other cast members make and they all have to just eat it. That is unless you are Charlie Sheen who will be earning $2 million an episode while his co-star Jon Cryer will be earning $550,000. Maybe I should be an actor of some sort and land on a show. Even reality stars are making big bucks. Kate Gosselin makes $250,000 per episode for "Kate Plus 8" and Snooki from "Jersey Shore makes $30,000 per episode, which in the end will be more than she ever could have made on her own without winning the lottery. I am giving this information a Digit Up, it just inspires me in some odd way. Click here to see the complete list.

No comments:

Post a Comment