Tuesday, August 31, 2010

...Lady Gaga

So if you know Lady Gaga, who does not really, then the fact that she did/does cocaine is not surprising. In the past she admitted to doing bags of cocaine while sitting at home listening to The Cure. She recently told Q Magazine this, "[Using drugs] I really figured out the art I wanted to make and was inspired. Some people find inspiration in dark places. I guess I'm one of them. What always made me different is that if I was doing drugs I was also making music. I wasn't just doing drugs." The problem with this is that a lot of her fans are young lost and impressional. If taken out of context it could be seen as her saying drugs are okay, you will find out everything you need to know through drugs, etc. What makes it even odder is what she said later during the interview, "People who say they need [drugs] to be creative are full of shit. I'm not some chick on the road getting high and fucked up every night. I wake up, drink coffee and get on the phone to talk about the creative direction of the next video." So she admitted she did drugs and that it "helped" but she is not like a Lindsay Lohan or anything, she has her stuff together and knows how to work it and if you do not then shame on you. As a lover of the 80's I know how powerful a drug cocaine is and the good and bad it can cause you. I do think that she should clarify these statements and I think she should do it ASAP. For some reason her fans will stand by this and defend her, I am sure a lot of her fans do some sort of illegal drug, it just makes sense. I hope she clears theses things up bur for some reason I doubt it. I am conservative yes, but I have a liberal side, but I am never going to approve drugs. I am giving her 2 Digits Down because I think drugs are bad and I think her fans may not fully understand what she tried to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment