Sunday, August 15, 2010

...The Expendables

This movie did something that most somewhat expected it to do but did not actually want to say it, it kicked Julia Roberts' butt, by $11.3 million. Wow this movie (staring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Steve Austin, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, Bruce Willis and Mickey Rourke) not only was the number 1 movie over the weekend, it beat out America's Sweetheart, or former sweetheart, Julia Roberts' much hyped movie "Eat, Pray, Love" I think that movie just killed us with the overexposure. Everywhere I looked I saw a commercial or article about the clothing, the food, the traveling, the spirtual awesomeness of that movie and blah blah blah whatever. Now back to "The Expendables". This movie took in $35 million in ticket sales, imagine if it would have been in crappy 3-D. Although not a ton of money, for this awkward back to school, some kids are in school, time of the year it was not so bad. If it makes over $10 million next weekend then I will be even more surprised. This movie was probably fun for them and I guess the people who saw it had fun as well, I did not see it because I.....just would not pay to see it. However I am giving these old guys a Digit Up for being in the number 1 movie this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment