Saturday, August 14, 2010

...Lifetime

A a child I never liked lifetime. I would be home with my mom, my dad would be lucky enough to be at work or a business trip. My mom would sit and watch Lifetime and get images and thoughts of rape running wild in her head. As a teen my cousin and I could not escape off to the mall or to hang out with our friends without hearing about the rape that happened on Lifetime. The sucky part was that the movie was based on actual events so that just added fuel to her fire. I dreamed of one day buying Lifetime and shutting it down. Then one day a greater evil came into play, Lifetime Movie Network! We are talking about up to 12 movies a day! All rape, scorned women, and angry women coming together to get over their man issues, almost lesbian by the way. Lifetime does have competition though from W.E. ( Women's Entertainment) and Oxygen. Lifetime still tops them all, in ratings and in fire power. While W.E. and Oxygen depress women in their 20's and 30's with shows about fabulous weddings thrown by rich parents, fiances and gay men, Lifetime shows you what happens after you have been married for 15 years, given birth to 3 children and gave up your career t become a stay at home mom. Your husband cheats on you with a college intern and that totally rapes your mental psyche. I decided to look into Lifetime and I realized that it is owned by two companies that I can live without, 1 more than the other, Disney and Hearst, although NBC does own a tiny share, which all falls under A&E Television Networks, which likes to scare everyone off drugs and hoarding these days. I think that without Lifetime there would be a lot of happier people in the world, men and women. It is pretty much like the news but old news spread out over a 2 hour commercial filled movie. Lifetime does have a purpose, I guess, and that was keeping alive Tori Spelling's career, her movies are always on somehow. I still want it to end, I want it to end daily, but I choose to ignore it, I even ignore Project Runway, I show that was once good, until Lifetime got a hold of it and stole its innocence..shame. 2 Digits Down to Lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment