Sunday, January 23, 2011

...Jack LaLanne

Fitness guru Jack LaLanne has died. If you have not head of him, shame on you. He brought the gym experience tot he living rooms of millions of people and helped them trim down. I have known him mostly for his juicers, which work very well I must say. He was as fit of a man as you could imagine. When he turned 43 in 1957, he performed more than 1,000 push-ups in 23 minutes on the "You Asked For It" television show. At 60, he swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco handcuffed, shackled and towing a boat. Ten years later, he performed a similar feat in Long Beach harbor. He once said,"I can't afford to die. It would wreck my image." He spent 8 decades helping us out, yes most of his life. I think he did a wonderful job. I hope his wife of 51 years, Elaine LaLanne, will be okay. I am giving this news a Digit Down.
Watch these videos and get inspired.















No comments:

Post a Comment