Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tate Forcier is no longer a Wolverine

Here is his statement from QB Force:

Immediate Press/Sports Release: January 20, 2011- Robert “Tate” Forcier University Of Michigan Sophomore Quarterback

Why do we all wait until we are at our lowest point to seek God’s help?

I’ve been kicked, pushed, knocked down, publicly berated, belittled, emasculated and more. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to give up or feel the victim. The humility of it all is indescribable and that is exactly my point. I had to reach rock bottom in order to see the light, and for that, I am thankful. It was not until then, I realized that it was my lack of accountability and maturity and not to pass blame.

I do hope all my young fans forgive me and benefit from my lessons that I have learned. Be grateful for what you have and be humble for your successes. Don’t wait to ask God into your life as he will help you see things clearer.


In summary, I believe, I will become a better student and a person of stronger character from these experiences at Michigan. I can proudly state,“I worked hard on the practice field, in the film room and at meetings” after all, football is my passion. I had fun celebrating with the fans. I even competed hard while injured as a true freshman through the last (8) games in 2009, but I always played the game giving it my all.


I am proud to have been part of Michigan Football history and will always cherish the memory. The last few weeks I worked extremely hard to catch back up. I really wanted to stay. I was not giving up on Michigan, but in the end, it was made clear they had given up on me.

With that being said, its time for me to go. I promise the Michigan family and fans I will make you proud again.


Tate Forcier #5 - A Michigan Man Forever - Go Blue

Here is my take:  Tate is a young man full of talent but struggles with maturity.  He had some early success and it clearly went to his head.  Speaking with some of the player and players family at the Gator Bowl, they weren't surprised when he was sent home.  Most speculated that is was grades related but Tate's father said he passed all of his classes. 

Use Denard as your comparison to Tate.  Denard didn't enroll early, Tate did.  Tate clearly was a couple steps ahead of Denard during their Freshman year.   That didn't last long and Denard clearly out worked Tate during the Summer and was the clear starter during the Spring Game and the start of the 2010 season.  Clear example; during one of Brady Hoke's day one videos he is getting a tour of the new Al Glick Field House and who is working on his throwing?  Denard.  Clearly, Tate would not have been that dedicated.

I can only speculate but it seems Tate became a rock star and loved that life.  School and working hard with his teammates became secondary.  He is now no longer part of the Michigan program, so yes he has hit the highest highs of beating ND and now the lowest lows.   We all make mistakes when we start college or as a 20 year old.   We don't understand priorities and would much rather hang with are friends and chase girls, then go to school or to the weight room.  So I feel for Tate today, even though he dug his own grave, I feel for this young man, that had a bright future that now barley has a light.   I wish the best for Tate, I hope he grows up, works hard and does whatever he wants to.   My advice to Tate would be:  Everybody falls down, your judged by how you get up and move forward.  It's time to dust yourself off work hard and see what happens.

Good luck #5.   

No comments:

Post a Comment