Tuesday, January 18, 2011

...Regis Philbin

Regis Philbin is leaving "Live! With Regis and Kelly" later this year, he is officially retiring. I am not loving this move. I grew up watching Regis in the morning, and although I do not watch every morning, I catch it when I can...remember. He has been doing "Live!" for 28 years. At age 79 he thinks it is time to leave. I remember when he and Kathy Lee used to host it together and how fun it was. Then when Kathy Lee left and Kelly came in it was just a totally different show, a better show. Now Regis will be leaving. It is a happy and sad moment because he seems generally healthy and in the right frame of mind. He could probably dot he show another decade if he and his body wanted to. Next month will mark the 10th year Kelly has been on the show and in August Regis will celebrate his 80th birthday. The show is super popular. It averages about 4 million viewers a day, that is second only to Oprah in the day time talk show world. He will be leaving this summer, probably around his birthday time. Who will replace him? That is a good question, I am not sure you can actually replace Regis, no one will have what he has. He is leaving at a time when Larry King retired from his show and when Oprah is about to leave her show as well. There will be a void in daytime television, maybe I should fill it? Possibly, but not now. I am considering this sad news thus I will give it a Digit Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment