Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Michigan Coaching Search: Lips are Sealed

So David Brandon and Les Miles met yesterday afternoon.  They might have even shared a BBQ dinner before David jumped on his private jet back to Willow Run.   Neither Les or Dave are talking. 

So the question still remains:  Did they have chicken or ribs for dinner?  Maybe both! 

Was there a Michigan job offer?  Was David there to ask a high profile former Michigan coach what his opinion is on who should be the Wolverines next coach?  We don't know. 

What we do know is that Les has a speaking engagement at the coaching conference today in Dallas.  We also know that David Brandon is home back in Ann Arbor.  If I was the Michigan AD and didn't have a coach signed up and needed to interview a number of candidates to fill my open position.  I sure the hell wouldn't be at home enjoying an Izzy's Meatball sub for lunch, I would be in Dallas at the coaches convention with a card table and a sign that says two things: Our helmet has wings and I'm willing to pay $5M a year if you can coach defense.

So is Les already signed up?  I don't know.  I'm sure LSU will make a run at keeping him.  

But we should know by the end of day.  So keep hitting your refresh button and I will let you know as soon as something breaks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment